I just opened my page yesterday when one of my favorite authors, Feiuccia (and I'm her one of the ultimate yaoi fanfic fan too) posted a journal regarding of her artworks' copyrights. By the way, her artwork was this: [link]
It was a darkened lineart of Fei-senpai. As you can see, it was made flawlessly with unseen flaws. ON the other hand, she posted a link directly to a certain devianart user. I looked at his profile and kinda. . Somehow, said to be copying Fei-senpai's artwork. . . So, let's this investigation started.
Here's the said-to-be copied lineart from Fei-senpai: [link]
By the way, comparing by those 3 artworks, Fei-senpai has a watermark compare to the database's picture, and identically the same as the said-to-be copycat guy who did it. According to one of the leading Graphic Artists here on our place (and one of the finest Graphic Artists in our country too) says that FEIUCCIA'S COMMOTIVE ARTIST RIGHTS WERE LEGAL (which the deviantart community has one)
Quoted and cute, she says: "If I made the lineart means that you must leave it as it is! It's a lineart for being colored! Not for being remade another time!"
It was in the lineart rules; you must credit the owner and maker of the said lineart. YOU MUST NOT REMAKE IT NOR CHANGE THE WAY AS IT IS. If it is necessary, you must acknowledge or ask the owner first before using and remaking (if you are permissible) the line art.
By explaining, I, myself saw this one too when me, my colleagues and my professors looked closely at the two drawings. We perform it by using Adobe Photoshop 5.5. Here was one of the evidences:
1. The Forger forced to remove the watermark from the backward (which is pretty obvious).
2. Pay attention to Minato's Left shoulder cape that the forger did:
- Lack of details
- His left shoulder cape moved a bit to the left side of Minato exactly where the watermark is
- Forger's brush tool is a bit off than Fei-senpai's brush tool
- Minato's zipper was a bit enlarged from where the watermark is
3. Fei-senpai used natural brush tool, so it's easy to determine that the forger overlaid the lineart.
4. I'm impressed at the forger's line art, which is a perfect replica, but, one thing: There are smudges left from the background where the watermark was.
I'm putting my name on it, ready to be kicked out anytime in this website to solve this case. I'm a good eye catcher of a certain artwork, which I've already known since I started here on dA. I know what the differences, so please guys, if you want to do artworks, do it from the bottom of your heart, and when you feel it, take a pencil and draw, not to copy other's artwork. If you want to be praised, then use your own creation, your own masterpiece, not the other's artwork.
Deviants gave me llamas to achieve an albino llama because I deserve to be rewarded by my own creations and artworks. So guys, please, the reason why we are here on deviant art is to showcase our talents, our own artworks, pictures and masterpieces, not others.
I hope this is a big lesson for our deviants out there. Thanks to the people who made their precious time mending on this case and may God bless you.